Happy to report that eight local sporting clubs have had small grants approved to improve their facilities or upgrade equipment.
The grants are made available under the State Government's Local Sport Grant Program.
If your sporting club could do with a hand, phone my office (4959-3200) for more details on the next round of funding.
This year's recipients include:
* Boolaroo Bowling and Rec Club: $1800 for new sets of of children's bowls.
* Macquarie Shores Swimming Club: $4000 for new storage racks at the swim centre.
* Lake Macquarie Crocs Masters Swimming Club: $1000 to purchase a lifeguard chair for Toronto Swim Centre.
* Rathmines Bowling Club: $2409 for portable scoreboards and a line-marking machine.
* Toronto-Awaba Junior Soccer Club: $5000 for the purchase of portable goals for Finnan Oval.
* Lake Macquarie Baseball Club: $4250 for player safety equipment and $1260 to fund accreditation courses for volunteers.
* Southern Lakes United Football Club: $4500 for portable goal posts.
* Toronto Croquet Club: $1200 for record storage facilities.