More Covid restrictions eased today
1st July 2020
A range of eased restrictions come into play today. Please remember that social distancing and good hand hygiene remain important to stopping the spread of Covid, and please take extra care if you're around older, more vulnerable people.
Here's a summary of the changes coming into effect today, with a link below to ALL of the current rules and restrictions:
VISITING FAMILY AND FRIENDS AT HOME:
- Up to 20 visitors may visit another household at any one time. The total number of visitors includes adults and children.
There is no daily limit to visitors to your home, so long as you don’t have more than 20 visitors at any one time.
- If you are over 70 or have a pre-existing medical condition, you should limit the number of visitors and take care at all times.
- You can have guests from any household so long as it does not exceed 20 visitors in total.
- An overnight stay as part of a visit to someone’s house is allowed.
PUBLIC GATHERINGS OUTDOORS:
- No more than 20 people are allowed to gather outside in a public place.
COMMUNITY SPORTING ACTIVITIES
- Where the activities involve more than 20 participants, the organiser must have a COVID-19 Safety Plan.
- Participants include players, people who are training, officials and spectators.
- The maximum number of participants at a community sporting activity must not exceed 500 participants.
FUNERALS, MEMORIAL SERVICES AND WAKES
- The maximum number of people who may attend a funeral is the maximum number of people allowed on the premises, which is one person per 4 square metres.
- Places of public worship, funeral homes or crematoriums can have up to 50 attendees (without the 4 square metre rule) provided non-household contacts can maintain 1.5 metres of physical distance.
- Funerals at a place of residence can have the greater of 50 people or one person per 4 square metres of space.
- People attending the service will be required to supply their name and contact details so that they can be used for contact tracing.
A full rundown of ALL the current restrictions can be found here.