More Newcastle venues added to watch list
6th August 2020
UPDATED 9.40AM - NEW NEWCASTLE VENUES ADDED
Hunter-New England Health has advised of new venues in the Newcastle area which were visited by a person carrying the coronavirus.
It's important to remember that health officials are tracing everyone who was at the hotel venues at the time through their registers, but they are encouraging anyone else who visited the venues on or after these times to get tested and self-isolate if they display symptoms:
* The Bennett Hotel at Hamilton on July 31 between 5.30pm and 10pm.
* The Greenroof Hotel at Hamilton on July 31 between 10pm and midnight.
* Queens Wharf Hotel Newcastle on August 1 between 9.30pm and 11pm.
* Sydney Junction Hotel at Hamilton on August 1 between midnight and 1.30am
* McDonald Jones Stadium on August 2 from 7.30pm to the end of the Jets match.
* Wests New Lambton (Hopsmith Sports Bar) on Sunday between 5pm and 7.30pm.
It's of course concerning that these venues and cases have come to light between four and six days after the infected person visited, so my advice is to stay vigilant and safe.
I'd also echo the advice of HNEAH and encourage people to not go anywhere they don't have to, and take the necessary precautions if you do have to go out.
I also want to send a big shout out, not just to all our health workers, but to those doing the tracking and tracing. You're doing an amazing job in very difficult circumstances. Thank you!