UPDATED - more venues added to watch list
6th August 2020
NEW CASES IN NEWCASTLE
NEW VENUES ADDED TO WATCH LIST
AGED CARE FACILITIES URGED TO CLOSE OUT VISITORS
The Public Health Unit has issued short-term advice for Residential Aged Care Facilities for greater Newcastle and Lake Macquarie for one week.
The advice is that RACFs in these areas should be closed to visitors, staff should wear surgical masks while at work, and staff should not move between facilities for this week.
Further advice will be provided from the Public Health Unit as the situation develops.
Meanwhile, a second case of COVID-19 has been confirmed in Newcastle today (August 6) who is a close contact of the teenager announced by Hunter New England Health yesterday. The District is continuing to investigate the source of that case’s infection. This latest case is a male in his 20s.
Hunter Health is urging anyone who attended the following venues at the specified times to immediately self-isolate and seek testing:
* Bennett Hotel, Hamilton – Friday 31 July, from 5.30pm to 10.00pm
* Greenroof Bar and Restaurant, Hamilton – Friday 31 July, from 10.00pm to 12 midnight
* Sushi Revolution, Hamilton - Saturday 1 August, noon to 1pm.
* The Hopsmith Sports Bar, Wests New Lambton – Sunday 2 August, from 5.00pm to 7.30pm.
Hunter New England Health also urges any patrons who visited the following venues at the times specified to be alert for symptoms, and if any develop to get tested and self-isolate immediately:
* Queens Wharf Hotel – Saturday 1 August from 9.30pm to 11.00 pm
* Sydney Junction Hotel, Hamilton – Saturday 1 August, from 12 midnight to 1.30am Sunday 2 August
* McDonald Jones Stadium – Sunday 2 August, 7:30pm to end of game, Newcastle Jets match.