DISASTER RECOVERY PAYMENT NOW AVAILABLE TO LAKE MACQUARIE RESIDENTS SERIOUSLY IMPACTED BY THE RECENT FLOODS
The Lake Macquarie LGA has today been included in the eligible council areas for the jointly funded Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).
The support may include:
- Help for eligible people whose homes or belongings have been severely damaged (eligibility criteria apply) in floods on or since February 22.
- Support for affected local councils to help with the costs of cleaning up and restoring damaged essential public assets
- Financial assistance for small businesses, primary producers and non-profit organisations, and
- Freight subsidies for primary producers.
To be eligible for assistance, you must be 16 years or older at the time of the floods or getting a social security payment. You or a dependent child you’re a principal carer for, must have been seriously affected by the storms and floods. For example:
- you were seriously injured
- you’re the immediate family member of an Australian citizen or resident who died or is missing
- the flood caused major damage to your home or a major asset at your home.
More information for individuals HERE
Minister’s media release HERE
For information on personal hardship and distress assistance, contact Service NSW on 13 77 88.