COVID UPDATE - 11.20am, TUESDAY APRIL 5
New cases in Hunter-New England Health district in past 24 hours: 2544 (up 386 on previous day's figure, 434 PCR + 2110 RAT). This is the highest number of infections for any Health district in NSW for the third day running.
Covid patients currently in Hunter Health district hospitals: 69 (Down 6 since yesterday)
Covid patients in Hunter ICU: 7 (Same as yesterday)
Lives lost in the Hunter Health district over the past 24 hours: 1 (a man in his 80s from the Port Stephens LGA. My sincere condolences go out to his family and friends).
New cases in Lake Macquarie LGA over the past four weeks: 4909 (down 24 on previous day).
New cases statewide in past 24 hours: 19,183 (up 3611 on previous day, 6121 PCR + 13,062 RAT)
Covid patients currently in NSW hospitals: 1467 (Up 49 since yesterday)
Covid patients in NSW ICU: 56 (same as yesterday, 17 requiring ventilation)
Lives lost in NSW over the past 24 hours: 12 (Up 6 on previous day)
STATEWIDE VACCINATION RATES
- 96% of people aged 16+ have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 94.6% of people aged 16+ have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 60.4% of people have had three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 83.4% of people aged 12-15 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 79.5% of people aged 12-15 have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 49.6% of people aged 5-11 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
More information on all the requirements and protocols relating to schools, outbreaks and isolation rules for parents and carers of school-aged children HERE
More information on new case numbers by LGA can be found HERE
QUESTIONS: Please see my Facebook or Website pages for answers to frequently asked questions. Service NSW
also has a 24/7 hotline where people are available to answer questions. You can reach them on 13 77 88. All further info at NSW Health