COVID UPDATE - 11.40am, THURSDAY APRIL 7
New cases in Hunter-New England Health district in past 24 hours: 3122 (down 603 on previous day's figure, 1053 PCR + 2069 RAT). This is the highest number of infections for any Health district in NSW for the fifth day running.
Covid patients currently in Hunter Health district hospitals: 61 (Down 2 since yesterday)
Covid patients in Hunter ICU: 2 (Down 2 since yesterday)
Lives lost in the Hunter Health district over the past 24 hours: 1 (a man in his 70s from the Newcastle LGA. My condolences go out to his family and friends).
New cases in Lake Macquarie LGA over the past four weeks: 5282 (up 128 on previous day).
New cases statewide in past 24 hours: 22,255 (up 1896 on previous day, 9686 PCR + 12,569 RAT)
Covid patients currently in NSW hospitals: 1437 (Down 7 since yesterday)
Covid patients in NSW ICU: 48 (down 3 since yesterday, 15 requiring ventilation)
Lives lost in NSW over the past 24 hours: 16 (Up 1 on previous day)
STATEWIDE VACCINATION RATES
- 96% of people aged 16+ have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 94.6% of people aged 16+ have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 60.7% of people have had three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 83.3% of people aged 12-15 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 79.5% of people aged 12-15 have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 49.7% of people aged 5-11 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
More information on all the requirements and protocols relating to schools, outbreaks and isolation rules for parents and carers of school-aged children HERE
More information on new case numbers by LGA can be found HERE
QUESTIONS: Please see my Facebook or Website pages for answers to frequently asked questions. Service NSW
also has a 24/7 hotline where people are available to answer questions. You can reach them on 13 77 88. All further info at NSW Health