COVID UPDATE - FRIDAY APRIL 8
New cases in Hunter-New England Health district in past 24 hours: 3128 (up 6 on previous day's figure, 1255 PCR + 1873 RAT). This is the highest number of infections for any Health district in NSW for the sixth consecutive day.
Covid patients currently in Hunter Health district hospitals: 66 (Up 5 since yesterday)
Covid patients in Hunter ICU: 1 (Down 1 since yesterday)
Lives lost in the Hunter Health district over the past 24 hours: 2 (a man in his 70s from the Maitland LGA and a woman in her 80s from the Lake Macquarie LGA. My condolences go out to their families and friends).
New cases in Lake Macquarie LGA over the past four weeks: 5574 (up 292 on previous day).
New cases statewide in past 24 hours: 20,396 (down 1859 on previous day, 9084 PCR + 11,312 RAT)
Covid patients currently in NSW hospitals: 1435 (Down 2 since yesterday)
Covid patients in NSW ICU: 44 (down 4 since yesterday, 13 requiring ventilation)
Lives lost in NSW over the past 24 hours: 8 (Down 6 on previous day)
STATEWIDE VACCINATION RATES
- 96% of people aged 16+ have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 94.6% of people aged 16+ have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 60.9% of people have had three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 83.3% of people aged 12-15 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 79.5% of people aged 12-15 have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 49.7% of people aged 5-11 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
More information on all the requirements and protocols relating to schools, outbreaks and isolation rules for parents and carers of school-aged children HERE
More information on new case numbers by LGA can be found HERE
QUESTIONS: Please see my Facebook or Website pages for answers to frequently asked questions. Service NSW
also has a 24/7 hotline where people are available to answer questions. You can reach them on 13 77 88. All further info at NSW Health