COVID UPDATE - 11.30pm, TUESDAY APRIL 19
New cases in Hunter-New England Health district in past 24 hours: 1449 (Down 78 on previous day's figure but still the highest of any health district in NSW, 318 PCR + 1131 RAT).
Covid patients currently in Hunter Health district hospitals: 82 (Up 11 since yesterday)
Covid patients in Hunter ICU: 2 (Down 2 since yesterday)
Lives lost in the Hunter Health district over the past 24 hours: 1 (a man in his 80s from Lake Macquarie LGA. My sincere condolences go out to his family and friends).
Cases in Lake Macquarie over the past four weeks: 6215 (Down 193 on the previous day).
New cases statewide in past 24 hours: 10,856 (Down 310 on previous day, 3653 PCR + 7203 RAT)
Covid patients currently in NSW hospitals: 1623 (Up 47 since yesterday)
Covid patients in NSW ICU: 70 (Up 3 on previous day, 21 requiring ventilation)
Lives lost in NSW over the past 24 hours: 8 (Up 4 on previous day)
STATEWIDE VACCINATION RATES
- 96.1% of people aged 16+ have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 94.7% of people aged 16+ have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 61.8% of people have had three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 83.3% of people aged 12-15 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 79.5% of people aged 12-15 have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 49.9% of people aged 5-11 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
More information on all the requirements and protocols relating to schools, outbreaks and isolation rules for parents and carers of school-aged children HERE
More information on new case numbers by LGA can be found HERE
QUESTIONS: Please see my Facebook or Website pages for answers to frequently asked questions. Service NSW
also has a 24/7 hotline where people are available to answer questions. You can reach them on 13 77 88. All further info at NSW Health