COVID UPDATE - 11.15am, SUNDAY APRIL 24
New cases in Hunter-New England Health district in past 24 hours: 1388 (Down 227 on previous day's figure and still the highest of any health district in NSW. 484 PCR + 904 RAT).
Lives lost in the Hunter Health district over the past 24 hours: 1 (a woman in her 90s from the Lake Macquarie LGA. My sincere condolences go out to her family and friends).
Covid patients currently in Hunter Health district hospitals: 79 (Down 10 since yesterday)
Covid patients in Hunter ICU: 3 (Same as yesterday)
Cases in Lake Macquarie over the past four weeks: 5725 (Down 70 on the previous day).
New cases statewide in past 24 hours: 11,107 (Down 1526 on previous day, 4702 PCR + 6405 RAT)
Covid patients currently in NSW hospitals: 1588 (Down 29 since yesterday)
Covid patients in NSW ICU: 64 (Up 4 on previous day, 20 requiring ventilation)
Lives lost in NSW over the past 24 hours: 8 (Down 8 on previous day)
STATEWIDE VACCINATION RATES
- 96.2% of people aged 16+ have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 94.7% of people aged 16+ have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 62.1% of people have had three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine*
- 83.3% of people aged 12-15 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 79.6% of people aged 12-15 have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 50% of people aged 5-11 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
More information on all the requirements and protocols relating to schools, outbreaks and isolation rules for parents and carers of school-aged children HERE
More information on new case numbers by LGA can be found HERE
QUESTIONS: Please see my Facebook or Website pages for answers to frequently asked questions. Service NSW
also has a 24/7 hotline where people are available to answer questions. You can reach them on 13 77 88. All further info at NSW Health