COVID UPDATE - 10am Monday May 2
I'm finally out of home isolation (much to the delight of Lyn). Feeling a whole lot better and back on the job properly today. Just wanted to send a quick thanks to everyone who posted messages. They were greatly appreciated. Today's Covid update is below, and it's good to see our local numbers steadily falling:
New cases in Lake Macquarie over the past 24 hours: 222.
New cases in Hunter-New England Health district in past 24 hours: 945 (Down 225 on previous day's figure, 386 PCR + 559 RAT).
Cases in Lake Macquarie over the past four weeks: 5173 (Down 58 on yesterday's figure).
New cases statewide in past 24 hours: 7723 (Down 1580 on previous day, 4696 PCR + 4607 RAT)
Covid patients currently in NSW hospitals: 1656 (Up 52 since yesterday)
Covid patients in NSW ICU: 72 (Down 3 since yesterday)
Lives lost in NSW over the past 24 hours: 5 (Same as previous day)
STATEWIDE VACCINATION RATES
- 96.2% of people aged 16+ have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 94.8% of people aged 16+ have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 62.5% of people have had three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 83.2% of people aged 12-15 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 79.5% of people aged 12-15 have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 50% of people aged 5-11 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
More information on all the requirements and protocols relating to schools, outbreaks and isolation rules for parents and carers of school-aged children HERE
More information on new case numbers by LGA can be found HERE
QUESTIONS: Please see my Facebook or Website pages for answers to frequently asked questions. Service NSW
also has a 24/7 hotline where people are available to answer questions. You can reach them on 13 77 88. All further info at NSW Health