Update on Myuna Bay closure
2nd April 2019
*** MYUNA BAY UPDATE ***
* I met with the Premier yesterday and she expressed great concern about what had happened at Myuna Bay. She was unaware that Myuna Bay had been closed or was even slated for closure. She called for an immediate report and investigation.
* I have also spoken to new Sports Minister John Sidoti. He has promised to launch an investigation as soon as he's sworn in as the new minister today.
* I'm meeting with Myuna Bay staff this afternoon.
* I'm meeting with representatives from the Office of Sport tomorrow.
* Thank you to everyone who has responded so far to the petition. We're in the process of getting as many petitions as possible into local shops but it might take another day or so.
* Several thousand people have already signed the petition. We need at least 10,000 to have this matter debated in the Parliament but I'm confident of achieving that. I'm sorry, but the Parliament does not accept electronic signatures or digital petitions. We have to do things the old fashioned way with original signatures.
* Thank you for the huge amount of support we've been able to pull together on this. We won't give up!