IMPORTANT COVID UPDATE - Wednesday May 5
A case of community transmission has been confirmed in Sydney's eastern suburbs. It is not known how the man, aged in his 50s, contracted the virus as he has not been overseas, does not work in hotel quarantine or in frontline health services.
NSW Health is carrying out contact tracing and genome testing to determine how the case was acquired. Obviously, his family and close associates are isolating and are being tested.
This is a real reminder that Covid-19 is very capable of circulating undetected in the community, so complacency is perhaps our biggest danger. Please get tested if you experience any symptoms.
If you've been to any of the following venues in Sydney over the past few days, you are encouraged to self-isolate and get tested immediately:
- Bondi Junction screening of The Courier at Event Cinemas Westfield Bondi Junction 500 Oxford Street Friday 30 April 6pm – 8pm
- Rushcutters Bay Figo Restaurant 3/56-60A Bayswater Road Friday 30 April 8.45pm – 11pm
- Silverwater Joe’s Barbeques & Heating 142 Silverwater Road Saturday 1 May 1pm –1.45pm
- Silverwater Tucker Barbecues 138 Silverwater Road Saturday 1 May 1pm – 1.45pm
- Annandale Barbeques Galore G1/212-220 Parramatta Road Saturday 1 May 2pm – 3pm
- Casula Barbeques Galore The Crossroads, Unit 12B, Parkers Farm Place Saturday 1 May 4pm –5pm
- Mascot BP Mascot 1077 Botany Road Saturday 1 May 4.30pm – 5pm
- Bondi Junction The Meat Store 262 Oxford Street Sunday 2 May 3pm – 4pm