Covid update - Tuesday
22nd March 2022
COVID UPDATE - 11.30am, TUESDAY MARCH 22
Covid patients currently in Hunter Health district hospitals: 39 (Up 6 since yesterday)
Covid patients in Hunter ICU: 4 (up 1 since yesterday)
Covid patients currently in NSW hospitals: 1177 (up 14 since yesterday)
Covid patients in NSW ICU: 41 (up 7 since yesterday, 13 requiring ventilation)
New cases in Hunter-New England Health district in past 24 hours: 2149 (up 629 on previous day's figure, 356 PCR + 1793 RAT).
New cases in Lake Macquarie over the past four weeks: 2896 (down 17 on previous day).
New cases statewide in past 24 hours: 20,960 (up 5990 on previous day, 5917 PCR + 15,043 RAT)
Lives lost in NSW over the past 24 hours: 4 (Same as previous day)
Lives lost in the Hunter Health district over the past 24 hours: 0.
STATEWIDE VACCINATION RATES
- 96% of people aged 16+ have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 94.5% of people aged 16+ have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 58.4% of people have had three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine*
- 83.5% of people aged 12-15 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 79.2% of people aged 12-15 have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 48.9% of people aged 5-11 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
More information on all the requirements and protocols relating to schools, outbreaks and isolation rules for parents and carers of school-aged children HERE.
More information on new case numbers by LGA can be found HERE.
QUESTIONS: Please see my Facebook or Website pages for answers to frequently asked questions. Service NSW also has a 24/7 hotline where people are available to answer questions. You can reach them on 13 77 88. All further info at NSW Health.