COVID UPDATE - 9.40am Thursday May 5
Please be aware that the large jump in local and statewide case numbers today is due to a technical issue identified by NSW Health. Included in today's statewide figures are 10,844 positive RAT results which were previously unreported between April 24 and May 4 because of a technical error with Service NSW data.
New cases in Hunter-New England Health district in past 24 hours: 2597 (Up 996 on previous day's figure, 666 PCR + 1931 RAT). This is the highest of any health district in NSW.
Cases in Lake Macquarie over the past four weeks: 4567 (Down 110 on yesterday's figure).
New cases statewide in past 24 hours: 18,529 (Up 6590 on previous day, 6210 PCR + 12,319 RAT)
Covid patients currently in NSW hospitals: 1529 (Up 19 since yesterday)
Covid patients in NSW ICU: 62 (Down 6 since yesterday)
Lives lost in NSW over the past 24 hours: 21 (Same as previous day)
STATEWIDE VACCINATION RATES
- 96.2% of people aged 16+ have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 94.8% of people aged 16+ have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 62.6% of people have had three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 83.1% of people aged 12-15 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 79.5% of people aged 12-15 have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 50% of people aged 5-11 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
More information on all the requirements and protocols relating to schools, outbreaks and isolation rules for parents and carers of school-aged children HERE
More information on new case numbers by LGA can be found HERE
QUESTIONS: Please see my Facebook or Website pages for answers to frequently asked questions. Service NSW
also has a 24/7 hotline where people are available to answer questions. You can reach them on 13 77 88. All further info at NSW Health