Covid update - Thursday
30th June 2022
COVID UPDATE - 11.40am, Thursday June 30
A big chapter in our fight against Covid will come to an end today when the mass vaccination hub at Belmont closes its doors for (hopefully!) the last time. The hub was an important part in our fight against Covid and at its peak was vaccinating about 3000 people a day. So, a special thanks goes out today to all the nurses, doctors and HNE Health staff who ran it like a well-oiled machine in extremely difficult circumstances. You’ve served us well!
New cases in Lake Macquarie yesterday: 355 (Up 23 on previous day).
New cases in Hunter-New England Health district yesterday: 1331 (Down 24 on previous day).
Cases in Lake Macquarie over the past four weeks: 2871 (Up 111 on previous day).
New cases statewide in past 24 hours: 11,504 (Up 437 on previous day)
Covid patients currently in NSW hospitals: 1534 (Up 8 since yesterday)
Covid patients in NSW ICU: 37 (Down 3 on previous day)
Lives lost in NSW over the past 24 hours: 23 (Up 12 on previous day)
STATEWIDE VACCINATION RATES
- 96.6% of people aged 16+ have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 95.1% of people aged 16+ have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 64.5% of people have had three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 82.6% of people aged 12-15 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 78.9% of people aged 12-15 have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 49.7% of people aged 5-11 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
More information on all the requirements and protocols relating to schools, outbreaks and isolation rules for parents and carers of school-aged children HERE
More information on new case numbers by LGA can be found HERE
QUESTIONS: Please see my Facebook or Website pages for answers to frequently asked questions. Service NSW also has a 24/7 hotline where people are available to answer questions. You can reach them on 13 77 88. All further info at NSW Health