Covid update - Thursday
4th August 2022
COVID UPDATE – 2.30pm, Thursday August 4
New Cases in Lake Macquarie in the past 24 hours: 540 (Up 71 on previous day)
New cases in Hunter-New England Health district yesterday: 2066 (Down 118 on previous day)
Cases in Lake Macquarie over the past four weeks: 5402 (Up 155 on previous day)
New cases statewide in past 24 hours: 14,387 (Down 2261 on previous day)
Covid patients currently in NSW hospitals: 2213 (Down 75 on previous day)
Covid patients in NSW ICU: 60 (Down 7 on previous day)
Lives lost in NSW over the past 24 hours: 33 (Down 6 on previous day but includes 9 deaths which had not been previously reported by NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.)
STATEWIDE VACCINATION RATES
- 96.8% of people aged 16+ have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 95.3% of people aged 16+ have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 69.1% of people have had three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 82.4% of people aged 12-15 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 78.7% of people aged 12-15 have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 49.8% of people aged 5-11 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
More information on all the requirements and protocols relating to schools, outbreaks and isolation rules for parents and carers of school-aged children HERE.
More information on new case numbers by LGA can be found HERE.
QUESTIONS: Please see my Facebook or Website pages for
answers to frequently asked questions. Service NSW also has a 24/7 hotline where people are available to answer questions. You can reach them on 13 77 88. All further info at NSW Health.