Winter fire safety
27th July 2023
Summer isn't our only fire season to be wary of!
Last winter Emergency Services in NSW got called out to 895 residential fires started often by the simplest of oversights
Don't risk your homes this winter! Make sure you have a fire safety plan.
Avoid overloading power boards, have your smoke alarms checked, check power cords on appliances for fraying or damage, maintain clean uncluttered spaces around heaters, keep your eyes on your dinner whilst cooking and don't leave charging batteries unattended.
In winter everyone is trying to beat the chill at home, but you should never bring your outdoor fires, BBQs and gas heaters indoors to keep warm. They can release deadly Carbon Monoxide that can kill without warning.
Stay warm, Stay safe and call 000 if you need emergency assistance with a fire in your home!