Covid update - Tuesday
29th March 2022
COVID UPDATE - 11.45am, TUESDAY MARCH 29
New cases in Hunter-New England Health district in past 24 hours: 2654 (up 618 on previous day's figure, 508 PCR + 2146 RAT).
Covid patients currently in Hunter Health district hospitals: 63 (Up 6 since yesterday)
Covid patients in Hunter ICU: 6 (up 2 since yesterday)
Lives lost in the Hunter Health district over the past 24 hours: 2 (A man in his 30s from Lake Macquarie LGA and a man in his 80s from Newcastle LGA. My sincere condolences are extended to their families and friends).
New cases in Lake Macquarie over the past four weeks: 3832 (up 40 on previous day).
New cases statewide in past 24 hours: 21,494 (up 5295 on previous day, 6405 PCR + 15,089 RAT)
Covid patients currently in NSW hospitals: 1283 (up 13 since yesterday)
Covid patients in NSW ICU: 53 (down 2 since yesterday, 18 requiring ventilation)
Lives lost in NSW over the past 24 hours: 9 (Up 6 on previous day)
STATEWIDE VACCINATION RATES
- 96% of people aged 16+ have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 94.6% of people aged 16+ have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 59.5% of people have had three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 83.4% of people aged 12-15 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 79.4% of people aged 12-15 have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- 49.3% of people aged 5-11 have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
More information on all the requirements and protocols relating to schools, outbreaks and isolation rules for parents and carers of school-aged children HERE.
More information on new case numbers by LGA can be found HERE.
QUESTIONS: Please see my Facebook or Website pages for answers to frequently asked questions. Service NSW also has a 24/7 hotline where people are available to answer questions. You can reach them on 13 77 88. All further info at NSW Health.